Monday, August 27, 2012

What's New With You?

I've been gone. Boo-hoo, cry me a river.

It's been a hell of a summer. Not completely shitty, just rough. I recently moved the next town over (did I talk about that before? I don't recall). Right after moving here, I broke a finger on my right hand and it fucked me to hell. Though ambidextrous, I'm primarily right handed so I've had to learn to deal with having this splint on at nearly all times, outside of showers. With that, I've had to teach myself how to rely more heavily (and primarily) on my left hand and that has been- interesting. It's been 3 weeks and my finger feels about 50% better.. Hopefully by the time I'm back in school I'll be fine. I really need to be, actually, because one of my classes is an art class and I can't just sit out.

Meanwhile I'm mostly unpacked and settled, but I'm lazy- no revelation there- and still have 3 boxes to unpack. It's ONLY three boxes- but they seem the most daunting.

I feel this move is, ultimately, for the best. We are now less than 5 minutes away from my sons school and I'll be saving myself nearly 2 gallons of gas per day that I have school. I dislike living in apartments again, although this time I'm upstairs. The lady below me is a real peach. She bitches about the noise we make no matter the hour. Short of crawling and tying my son up, she's going to hear us. I *gigglesnort* at the idea of when I start my Tae Bo Bootcamp workouts (again). I had to stop due to the broken finger but I'll be back at it with a vengeance when my finger can (finally) be splint free. She's really going to love me then!

I did fall off the wagon starting the day of the move (long story but it's quite irrelevant in my opinion) and gained about 5 lbs but got back on track and I'm happy to say that I've done quite well- though how far I have to go is still daunting in its own way.

When I initially began this journey, I was weighing in at 290. This year when I started (again), I was at 275. I am now at 260, which was my postpartum weight leaving the hospital with my infant son in hands. I hope, so badly, that I can stop failing and just succeed and maintain in weight loss. 

Now! I promised my readers an assload of links to help you all out, but with some shoddy internet (tethering from my phone) it will have to wait until I get my financial aid at the end of the month, when I can then get some reliable internet (or when I go somewhere with WiFi sometime next week or so while my son is (back) in school). It's sucked not having reliable internet. No vlogging, can't post a blog with all of those promised links, and no documentaries for me. It's very sad indeed, even if you don't think so. ;)

With that I will bring this to a close. I most certainly hope that all of you have had a wonderful summer and are ready to get back into the swing of things. I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phat Archive

Followers