Monday, September 12, 2011

Living With Points Plus

I must say, I was a bit skeptical walking into the new Points Plus system from Weight Watchers. However, with 3 days under my belt so far, I'm really liking it. May it be due to the fact that I have a neat little app on my phone that helps me figure out the points? Or maybe the neat little app that helps me keep track of my points? Maybe it's both, but I'm finding it just as easy as the original points program which, based on my past experience with it, was quite fond of.

But with the tools necessary (and free), I'm able to enjoy using Points Plus without the astronomical fees of purchasing the calculator from WW directly, or to 'be a member'. Like I care to be in some group. I have enough people supporting me. My own circle of friends and my own family. I don't need a bunch of strangers there to support me as well. Quite frankly, I doubt they even care about my success. Sure they'll be happy for you. But they won't remember once they get home.

When we as a family (self, Mom, Grandma) were members of WW about 5 years ago, it didn't seem like a 'tight knit community' that they claim themselves to be in commercials, articles, and group to group. And I HATED the skinny girls there. I'm sure some of them were fat once upon a time. But some of them were so disgusting. A 110 pound woman doesn't need to walk out with a glum look because she didn't lose anything, or 'worse', gained 3 pounds this week. Quite frankly, being in a weight loss meeting with skinny ladies makes me feel that much more like a whale. Thanks, but I feel enough like a whale in public on the daily, don't need you to be there at the 'fatties unite' club too.

I know, it seems so pessimistic. But seriously, I did not like that, AT ALL.

Moving on...
I've been working on a weekly meal plan for this week. I'm also working on going through and 'logging' all the WW meals in my WW cookbooks that appeal to me, calculating the PP values for them (since they're older than the PP system itself). Once that's done, it'll be much simpler to figure out each week's 'menu'. Right now they're being done side by side. NOTE: I NEVER follow recipes directly. Well okay.. I do... Then judge how I should change it. Next time I prepare the dish, I make said changes, recalculating points values as needed. When I'm happy with my product, I then write down my 'new' recipe, making it all my own. Yeah.. I'm that amazing.

Doing this will also make it easier to shop, instead of going to the store every couple of days because I need something, or having to opt out of making a particular dish because I'm lacking something. Granted the store is just a few blocks away, I don't want to have to be going there daily because I need this or that.

Meanwhile, I created a blog on behalf of this blog as well as interest shown by my own friends and my mother, in which I will post healthy and yummy recipes, with pics. I know that the eyes help create the desire for a dish, especially when the name may not sound all too appealing. All fatties know this though, so it's not like I'm giving away some big secret, no pun intended. (See what I did there!?)

So without further ado (and check back often; right now there are only 2 posts), I present to you:
Healthy Nibbles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phat Archive

Followers