Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Why I Chose 'The Hard Way'

There are so many ways to lose weight. It's kind of weird.

There are different surgeries.

There's Jenny Craig. Atkins. Weight Watchers. The South Beach Diet. The YayFoods Diet. Oh my heavens. It's truly confusing when you try to decide what to follow.

I felt like counting calories was my best option because it still allows me all the foods I LOVE. I just follow the serving size.

If it says 1/4 cup, I'm serving myself 1/4 cup. I make wise decisions in what I put in my mouth. And if I know I want that fun size bag of chips or that candy bar later, I make sure that I have a yogurt for breakfast and not a bagel, or a salad for lunch and not a sandwich.

I am also experimenting with foods, creating my own meals.Knock on wood, none of them have tasted bad. They've all tasted rather incredible. And all of those meals are healthy. Of course, creating my own entrees results in my having to sit down and do the math for serving sizes, calories, etc. But it's so worth it.

I'm starting to see the changes to my body, and that's such a motivating factor for me to continue doing well.


Now, I'm not going to bash the other diets and methods to weight loss. But I will say, I don't think they're adequate. I think surgery is a dangerous route to consider. Counting calories isn't the easiest thing in the world, but it keeps me grounded. I go to the store and look at the calories of the things I love. I take into consideration how large the serving size is for that item and if all those calories are worth it.

If there are healthier alternatives to it (such at ice cream and low fat ice cream), I take the alternative. I've yet to buy junk food, but I do plan on going to the store after dinner tonight and seeing what sort of 'healthy' junk food is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phat Archive

Followers