Thursday, October 13, 2011

They Fit!

Today was a day I was going through my drawers trying to find a pair of pants that went nicely with the shirt I wanted to wear. While doing so I accidentally pulled out a pair of pants from the bottom of the pile. I bought them about 2 years ago knowing they didn't fit. I bought them because I liked them and told myself that one day I was going to be able to wear them. Sure I could squeeze into them, but it didn't look very pretty.

You know those girls you see that though they could squeeze into their clothing, they really should not have? Yep. That's what I'm talking about.

At first I put the pants back, with a slight giggle. But then I thought 'what the hell'. They matched quite well with the shirt I wanted to wear, but I most certainly did not expect that I would be wearing them.

I tried them on and not only did they fit, but I looked pretty damn good in them. I was impressed. I suppose I don't give myself the credit I'm due. I still see myself as the disgustingly huge fatass I was before ever counting calories or points.

But when I was that disgustingly huge fatass, I was never complimented on my clothing, even when I looked nice. And granted I'm nowhere near where I need to be based on physical appearance, I do look quite a bit better than I did a year ago.

I was complimented several times today. First by my son's teacher, then by multiple people throughout the day. These were not people I'd ever met before. It felt good. Then my brother complimented me, which, quite frankly, is a shocker. He's 13; he can be a bit of a dick. So of all the compliments, the one from my brother was most appreciated.

Don't get me wrong, though. The ones from the strangers were pretty damn nice too.

I do find that with each additional pound lost I walk with more of an air of confidence, and that does tend to attract some attention. I don't mind it, even though I'm not one who has ever sought attention.

I must say, before closing, that I look forward to many more smaller articles of clothing fitting. It re-establishes that though I may not SEE the weight loss in the mirror, that weight loss IS happening. And it's happening to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phat Archive

Followers