Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Darkest Hours At Hand

Seven months and I'm getting my shit together. I let the holidays hit me too hard, and after all was said and done, I simply cared no longer. I began eating a whole bag of Doritos in one sitting, and 2 ice cream bars before bed. My (new) job has jacked hours, and I easily find myself wanting a large #2 at McD's at 10pm on my way home. Mindless eating is done best while driving and at night. Talk about a double whammy when you're driving home at 10pm.

A few nights ago I was screwing around online when I wondered to myself what my last logged weight was (extrapounds.com is where I logged my caloric intake as well as my weight, which was logged weekly).

That morning I weighed myself, before eating or drinking anything. I've only gained back 3 pounds since I quit dieting 'just for the holidays'. So back to dieting I go.

I did allow myself, however, to be 'free' (a bit) yesterday. I had ice cream at Cold Stone, which, by the way, was not planned. And though the justification was, at best, pathetic, I did take into account that I walked all day.

But these are my hardest hours. I want to snack. I want to eat. I don't care that I'm not hungry. I just want to eat while I screw around online and/or watch Judge Judy and Ghost Adventures on my DVR.

Popcorn is great, but really that's only appealing for so long. I think I need to look at the calories of Skinny Cow. How many of those can I have in one sitting? Thank God I don't smoke pot. I'd be royally screwed.

HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phat Archive

Followers